14 Facebook ads campaign objective guides you need to know (2019)
In this article you will learn 14 Facebook advertising campaign objective. What their objective for your Facebook ads, when should use them, to increase your Facebook ads performance and sales result.
We have found out that many people have advertised on facebook ads, a lot of people like their facebook ad post but no people to send in inquiries or either purchases their product. This issue mostly come from facebook advertising objective setting.
If you are using Facebook ads manager to set up your ads, firstly you have to select a facebook ad campaign objectives. Unless you use the Boost post to run your ad then you will not need to select any facebook ads manager campaign objectives. If you want to run a good performance ad result we suggest you use facebook ads manager. Because only facebook ads manager has facebook ad campaign objectives to select and set up will be more in detail.
Facebook has big data, included which audience has big potential to like your post, click your website, sign up, income and even buyer purchase behaviors.
Hence when you set up Facebook advertising objectives, Facebook will using their big data to help to find the potential audience to achieve your goal.
If you are still not clear about the above explanation, no worries. We will explain more detail of each facebook ad campaign objective.
The Facebook campaign has 14 objectives, each objective has its own goal.
- Brand awareness
- App install
- Video views
- Lead generation
- Catalog Sales
- Store visit
14 Facebook advertising campaign objective
Facebook campaign objective has categorized into three categories, which is awareness, consideration, and conversion. Each category has its objective.
- Brand awareness
- Brand awareness
- Brand awareness facebook objective Is to increase awareness of your company brand, to make the audience to pay attention to your brand. Facebook will use its data to help you to reach and display your ad to the maximum of people when they are online.
- This objective is suitable for a large business company that can afford for the big amount of advertising budget. This objective is no specific action for the audience to take. If you are a start-up or small company we suggest you to use other objectives to produce a better result at a lower cost.
- Reach objective similar to brand awareness objective is to help you to reach the maximum number of audience.
- But the difference from brand awareness is you can have control of the cap the frequency of your Facebook ads show to the people as how many times your ads appear in front of the audience.
- This objective is more suitable for the company who is a plan to run a short period of promotion. Hence you can increase the frequency of showing your ads promotion to the audience.
- App installs
- Video views
- Lead generation
- Facebook ads traffic objective is to send people to the website once they click on your Facebook ad
- For this ad objective, you must have a website only able to use this objective to run your ad if you do not have any website then you have to select other objectives for your ad.
4. Engagement Post
- Facebook engagement post ads are to get people to engagement your ad post as a comment, like or share.
- This objective will help you bring a benefit to you when some people first time to see your facebook post. Because for those comment and like will get people to pay attention and curious why this post has a lot of comments and like? So should I click and see what this ad for?
5. Engagement- Page like
- This facebook engagement objective ads is to promote your facebook page get people to like your page and build awareness of your page.
- Although Facebook pages like do not bring any benefit of organic view for any new updated post, it can bring confidence and trust for the people who have the interest plan to buy your product.
6. Engagement- Event response
- You can use this facebook event response campaign objective ads to set up your event post if you are organizing an online or offline event. This event can help you to remind people who have response attend to your event.
- This objective is to get more people aware of and respond to your event.
7. Engagement – Offer Claim
- Facebook offer claim campaign objective ads is to promote your offer to people
- People can save your offer and redeem it thru your website or physical shop.
8. App install
- Facebook app install campaign objective ads is to get people to download your app, to increase app install subscriber.
- If your company has an app you can try to use this objective to increase your app download.
- Video view ad campaign objective ads is to get people to watch your video
- If you have a video of your testimonial or product video this is a good objective to show to people how does your product work for them.
10. Lead generation
- You can use this lead generation campaign ad objective to create a lead form to get people to fill up their information like name, email, and contact number. Easy for you to follow up with a call.
- If you are in the property or insurance industry you can use this lead generation objective to generate your potential customer leads.
- With this facebook messenger ad objective, you can start your conversation with ads while people click your ad and you can re-engage your existing user to provide more information about your product and service.
- Your conversation start on messenger if you select messenger. Besides, messenger you also can select whatapps to start your conversation with your potential buyer after they click on your ad.
- Catalog sales
- Store Traffic
- This facebook conversion ad objective ad is to get people to take a specific action such as sign up, purchase, download.
- In order to use this objective, you must have a website or landing page.
13. Catalog sales
- Reach potential buyer to purchase your product
- Automatically show your product to people who are more likely to buy your product.
14. Store traffic
- Build awareness of your physical store, to reach people who are nearby to your store.
- This objective is very suitable for the company that has a physical shop or chain store.
There is 14 facebook advertising objective, which one should I set up?
Firstly, you should know that none of each objective is the best objective.
It depends on your business industry, audience, ad, product, and service, because there are many factors might affect your ad result.
The best method is to A/B test, and compare which objective brings you the most result.
We will elaborate more and guide you on which objective is suitable for small and medium-range Business companies and bring you the most result in a different situation.
Traffic objective means facebook will help you to find potential people to visit your website. This ad benefit data is about [cost per click] and [click rate]. The high click rate means the audience interested in your ad.
This is a good indicator to let you understand your ad result. You can try on A/B testing to test which audience brings you the most result.
But you need to have a website before you run this ad objective. Cause the objective is to click to your website.
If you still do not have a website, you can contact us Ads Master marketing digital marketing agency to create a website or landing page for you.
Conversion means users will take a specific action on your website such as register, purchase, inquiries.
This ad benefit data is [cost per conversions] and [conversion rate], this is a very clear indicator data to understand the ad result.
You can use this ad to promote your product and service. This objective will bring you a good result. But you need to set up facebook pixel in your website otherwise you can run this objective ad.
It is troublesome for the user to set up facebook pixel on the website unless you are a programmer.
If you still do not know which objectives to choose for your company or if you need help in developing a digital marketing strategy for your business, you can contact us Ads Master marketing today and explore our past digital marketing works!
Ads Master Marketing is a digital and social media marketing company offer a variety of plans and pricing. If you are interested in the service please feel free to contact us we’ll provide Free Consultant for your business.
In this article, we have explained what is facebook campaign objective, what is the goal of each objective. And which industry should use for the objective.
Besides, we have guided you on how to check which ad is performing well and which is not. If the ad is performing well you can increase your budget and if the ad performing not good as you can decide to stop it.
If you have a website you can select traffic and conversion objectives. If your purpose is to generate customer lead then you can use lead generation. And if you have a physical store then you can select store traffic as your objective.
Each objective has its own goal, hence you have to understand what goal you want to achieve before running your Facebook ad. Otherwise, you will not able to get the result you want, if select the wrong objective.